Steamed Salmon vs garlic & Teriyaki Cooking Tips
1 pound Salmon
2 garlic cloves Ken’s Steakhouse Teriyaki marinade or Kikkoman light teriyaki PREPARATION: Wash the salmon, place in a frypan and add a bit of water, about a 1/8 to ¼ inch. Add the garlic on either side of the salmon, and cover, allowing salmon to simmer for about 5 minutes or so.
Now drizzle Ken’s teriyaki marinade over the salmon, and allow salmon to simmer for another couple of minutes. This should serve about four.
• After peeling the garlic, you can use the flat of a knife to crush it which will allow the flavor to infuse the water and the salmon sitting in it.
• You can serve with a salad, or a steamed mixture of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot. Mashed potatoes go well with this as well
• Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fillet, a fork inserted in the thickest part of the fish should tell you it’s tender once it’s cooked
• You don’t have to use Ken’s Steakhouse marinade, use your own preference of whatever you have on hand. ITALIAN STYLE FRIED HADDOCK This is another of those dishes I grew up with. It’s not hard to make, not very time consuming, yet it’s very delicious.
INGREDIENTS: 1 and. of Haddock 1 egg beaten with fork breadcrumbs a couple of cloves of garlic lemon juice PREPARATION: beat egg with a fork, and place haddock in the egg to coat, and then place haddock in a flat dish of bread crumbs.
Coat both sides of the fish thoroughly. In the meantime, you’ve prepared a large stainless frying pan with enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Saute the cut up garlic. Now you can add your prepared haddock. Brown one side, and turn. Now sprinkle w/ lemon juice.
• This meal is delicious with what my mother called Italian Style french fries. Just cover the bottom of a frying pan with olive oil, slice up potatoes into the olive oil, once the olive oil is hot. Fry until brown, and crisp, and the center of the potatoes are tender.
• Also good with the potatoes and the fish is a baked bean salad. Just open a can of Boston baked beans, or even better, make your own. Now add Olive Oil and vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
• This recipe is also excellent went cooking fillet of Sole, cod, catfish, or several other similar fish. I’ve used it for catfish as well.